Divorce Financial Neutral
A financial neutral is someone who is an impartial expert in their field. In a collaborative divorce process, there is at least one divorce financial neutral. For many cases, the primary asset in a divorce is real estate, whether it be the marital home or various investment properties. In these cases, enlisting the guidance of a Certified Divorce Lending Professional as a divorce financial neutral is key to a smooth process.
In the collaborative divorces that we’ve helped with, negotiations tend to break down over financial issues or worries. Not only is a Certified Divorce Lending Professional focused on assisting both the clients and lawyers to come up with mortgage financing options, but they are great at offering realistic solutions to other issues that may arise throughout the divorce.
When acting as a divorce financial neutral, a Certified Divorce Lending Professional is able to provide a balanced evaluation of the current mortgage situation and future financing options. In addition, a Certified Divorce Lending Professional…
- Assists with the collaborative process by offering solutions for both spouses to obtain immediate and future mortgage financing
- Provides guidance on the financing needs to support an Equity Buy Out and refinance of the marital home
- Offers an analysis of the ability for one spouse to meet mortgage financing guidelines
- Analyzes debt pay-off situations to meet mortgage financing requirements
- Identifies and gathers necessary financial documentation to assist with mortgage financing needs
Whether you’re planning on selling the home and splitting the proceeds or one spouse plans to keep the home and buy the other spouse out, it’s important to enlist the help of a Certified Divorce Lending Professional as early as possible.
Brent Rasmussen, President of Mortgage Specialists, is a Certified Divorce Lending Professional. His experience and education in helping clients navigate divorce loans can help make the process simple and stress-free. Get in touch with us today by calling 402-991-5153.