If you’re ready to buy a home, your very first step should be to get pre-approved. Getting pre-approved is a must if you want your offer to even be considered. Not to mention, it’s hard to know your budget before you have a pre-approval in hand. We recommend getting pre-approved 3-6 months before you’d like to purchase a home.
Getting pre-approved with Mortgage Specialists couldn’t be easier. Simply fill out our online application which should take anywhere from 5-20 minutes. Once you submit our online application, you will hear from our team within a few hours. We try not to make you wait too long – some of our clients hear back within minutes of submitting their application!
To speed up the application process, have the following documents in hand when you apply:
- Paycheck stubs for the past 30 days
- Two years of W-2 forms
- Two months of checking and savings account statements
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Two years of federal tax returns (if self-employed or own rental properties)
- Last quarterly retirement and investment statements